Mike Shapiro wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 02:45:43PM -0700, Jonathan Adams wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 01:08:01PM -0300, Rafael Vanoni wrote:
>>> I'm making some small changes to mdb_modapi.c and I'd like to know if
>>> there's a way to check whether the running instance is debugging a core
>>> file or a live target. Looking through the target flags, I didn't see
>>> anything like that. But I was wondering if there is something in another
>>> part of the target, or even in mdb_t structure that has that information.
>> Out of curiosity, what kind of changes are you making?

One of the sub-projects of the tickless kernel effort is to decouple
lbolt from the clock cyclic. To that end, and to address performance
issues, the value provided by lbolt will be delivered by a function, and
no longer a variable. The mod API references lbolt in a couple of
places, I'm changing those in favor of the new function.

>> Cheers,
>> - jonathan
>
> Along same lines:
>
> - mdb_prop_postmortem already answers that question for you
>   and is part of the module API
>
> - Anything involving changes to the module API should be mailed
>   to me and this alias beforehand for design review

Certainly, once these are ready for review.

Thanks,
Rafael