> Hi Mike
>
> Thanks for looking at the webrev. Two quick questions before I push the
> latest version:
>
> (1) wrt to gethrtime() during kmdb, I understand that mdb implements
> it's own gethrtime(). But I'm not sure what to do within mdb_get_lbolt
> in that situation. Should I just #ifdef _KMDB it out ?
>
> (2) since this project is removing the lbolt variables, We've received
> requests for a ::time dcmd that would return lbolt, lbolt64 or
> gethrtime. What's your opinion on adding this new dcmd ?
>
> Thanks,
> Rafael

I don't understand-- what project is removing the lbolt variables?
Your webrev is just about adding an mdb API.  Also my point
about kmdb's gethrtime() is that it just increments an integer
and therefore you cannot backward compute an lbolt value from that.

Can we start from the top: what problem are we trying to solve here?

-Mike

--
Mike Shapiro, Sun Microsystems Open Storage / Fishworks. blogs.sun.com/mws/