On 15/09/16 07:08, Brian Wolff wrote:
I don't know much about DB locking, so the following might be stupid and wrong:

I was under the impression that mysql would add a line like "-------
TRX HAS BEEN WAITING 4 SEC FOR THIS LOCK TO BE GRANTED:" if the
transaction is actually waiting for a lock. So the output of show
innodb engine status you pasted above makes me almost think that its
not so much mediawiki is waiting for a lock as MW is holding a bunch
of locks, and for some reason never sending a commit (This might be
the totally wrong conclusion, I don't really know anything about mysql
locks). So maybe something is wrong on the php side. Thus I'd also
check the php error log, and maybe try enabling the MediaWiki debug
log and check that.

That's exactly what I was expecting! But the transaction will literally never die, it will stay there for hours (days if I let it).

I've had the following set fora while:

$wgShowExceptionDetails = true;
$wgShowSQLErrors = true;
$wgDebugDumpSql  = true;
$wgDBerrorLog = true;

But I don't see any extra logs in the server error logs. I do get the sql error in the web interface when it times out.

I will set $wgDebugLogFile and see if that shows anything.

What else could I do? Surely it's not a bug in mediawiki, I wouldn't be the first to notice :) It's got to be related with my setup or my data?

Thanks,

Andrew