> From: Pine W <wiki.p...@gmail.com>
>
> The mailing list description says that the permitted types of announcements
> are for "new versions, bug fixes, and security issues." Advertising of
> commercial services is not included.

You do realize that, by making such a fuss, you're providing the new
Professional.Wiki and their luminary founders with tonnes of free advertising,
right?

And you do realize that, by making such a fuss in the very list you're fussing
about, you are breaking the very rule you pillory others for breaking?

Although I run my own wiki and don't need professional hosting, I know this
discussion has improved my impression of the new service.

And now, having taken this to the meta-meta level, I'll say no more. :-)

(the other) Jan