Hi,

At the risk of starting an unnecessary argument, let me say that I think
this kind of email is fine. Paid support is a form of help/support, so even
though the mailing list description doesn't specifically list consulting as
one of the allowed topics, it seems to me that it fits within the "spirit
of the law", if not the letter (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_and_spirit_of_the_law). Of course,
spamming the list is never a good idea, but a single email sent to announce
a new consulting company seems fine - and, of course, potentially useful to
people looking for help.

(Full disclosure: I too am a consultant. And I know Jeroen and Karsten.)

-Yaron