On Monday, 3 de October de 2011 12:08:44 Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> This is what is important to remember; that Qt and its ecosystem will likely
> "just work" on Tizen. But, and this is a big but, will Nokia try and kill
> Qt now that it is under Microsoft's boot?

Not if I have anything to say about it. Nor the hundreds of experienced
engineers inside Nokia and outside that have been developing it for years. You
simply can't stop an Open Source project if people are willing to continue it.

> If we look at LiMo we can see it supports Qt and GTK+. I think that Tizen
> will likely do so as well, if not, it will be trivially to port and I'm sure
> Quim is right about tools being available for the work, as well as
> developers and documentation. A toolkit is always needed, even if its just
> to build browser windows. :-)

Without a shipped system library, the cost of using a library as large as Qt
is very high. That's exactly the problem that the Qt on Android developers are
facing right now, and also the same that the early Qt for Symbian had: a one-
time download of 10 to 20 MB.

And that's hoping for a decent package management system, not what Symbian
had.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358