Dear Farhad,
I am not an expert nor I have thoroughly read the referred article,
but I believe the non-radiative fields should be exactly modelled by
MEEP as long as they are a solution of the (source-free) Maxwell
equations. You may, for example, define a metallic capacitor and a
metallic inductor, connect them and you should obtain the realistic
oscillation frequency of this LC circuit.

You might, however, find out it would be necessary to newly implement
thermal emission and absorption. Maybe even some quantum phenomena
would involve - but, for instance, the Casimir forces have been
implemented in MEEP successfully so even this can be done.

The article touches a quite interesting topic, by the way.

Best wishes,
Filip Dominec