Dear Fillip,

thank you so much for your answer. Actually, briefly , fluctuational
electrodynamics indicates that, the electromagnetic wave generated by a surface
with finite T>0 of temperature is because of the fluctuation of charges or
dipoles inside the material. It studied this phenomenon statistically. this
kind of fluctuations caus two types of thermal radiation namely far-field and
near-field radiation. far-field radiation is well-known case which can be
predicted easily by some simple radiative heat transfer equations. However, for
the case of near-field we need to apply such concept ( fluctuational
electrodynamics) in our calculations in order to reveal the near-field
radiative heat transfer enhancement occurred between two plates separated by a
nano-distance gap. This phenomenon can be explained due to the existence of
surface polaritons on the interface between surfaces of the plates. There is a
paper describing the application of FDTD for such problem and
 I am trying to recalculate the same thing using MEEP and of course manipulate
some parameters later.
Specifically, can we manipulate the existence code of the MEEP to solve some
other equations (in this case  fluctuational electrodynamics) parallely with
Maxwell ewuations?
Additionally, do you have any idea about how can I include the effects of
temperature on the emission of the EM wave from a surface with a finite
temperature?

Thank you again. sorry if my message is long.

Farhad

On Monday, January 6, 2014 5:50 PM, Filip Dominec <filip.domi...@gmail.com>