John Peterson wrote:

And I was all worried because the car wasn't tracking straight- and the paranoid me was thinking alignment or other front end work and I discovered something funny yesterday. I was looking at the tires and they are all the same size, a matching set. But in looking at one of the rims, I noticed that it stuck out from the rotor a greater distance than the others. I took off the rim and compared it to the others and although it looks identical, the spacing for the lug nuts is different- the depth of the distance from wheel to rotor. This one was out by more than 1 inch. Must be a DIFFERENT wheel!!

I pulled it off and put on the spare and voila! Perfect tracking.

The "odd" wheel you have is from a 107/126 model car with ~25 mm offset. The part number PROBABLY starts with a 126 400 xx xx. The correct wheel for your car will have an offset of 48-49 mm (almost an inch MORE than the 125 wheel) will be 124 400 xx xx. Wheels with a 201 400 xx xx part number might fit, but are NOT rated for the weight of your car.

For the missing power issue, the Lubro Moly is doing magic- and it is gaining power DAILY. Car was sitting for some time.

What Lubro Moly product are you using? Most are NOT desirable except for a short period of time.

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm