Yeah. My brother the heavy diesel truck wrench says welding spring steel ain't gonna work, as it takes the temper out of it. Also, he was concerned about rust around other mounts being part of the problem. This indy is very good. I'll talk to him about all these things, and what he thinks is realistic. Damn.

Dan

I really don't see how in-situ works to weld the bar properly, it will have
to be taken out. Well frankly I don't see welding the bar working in the
first place, actually.

The bar did not snap out of the clear blue, there is most likely another
problem here. I am afraid the labour will be very high either way.

Like I more or less said in the other post, when I start to hear a wrench I
trust being that unenthusiastic about a tricky repair, unless I can find
hard and fast evidence for him of someone else having done it in the same
situation, I think about it very, very hard before I tell him to go ahead.

Mac

--
Dan Weeks
Freelance Writing and Photography