yea, I had already planned on keeping the 126 tranny of course.

Steve MacSween wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

There could be a few problems, but they are BOTH OM617.95 engines - the
116 engine is a 617.950 while the 300SD had a 617.951 engine.

Kaleb, I did not see that Marshall had replied, before I wrote mine. He
noted some stuff I forgot....

The transmissions ARE different so all the the vacuum and accelerator
linkage from the newer car would have to be used with the newer
transmission as both vacuum AND cables are needed on the later 722.3
series transmission vs the 116 series 722.1 series transmission.

Well I was under the impression there were bigger differences than that,
based on comments I got when my swap was being planned (mine was 126 ->
116)... I was told the 126 transmission is physically smaller and uses much
different linkage arrangement, and that using it (though faster in terms of
bolt-out, bolt-in) would have entailed $$$$ custom driveshaft work. Plus I
guess we can assume the size difference would mean problems with the trans
mount? So we went with the 116 trans, even though the 126 is much superior
in terms of day to day driving....

Hooking up AC MIGHT be
a problem (especially if the 116 used a York compressor on the right
side of the engine rather than a GM rotary on the left side - I'm just
not sure what that looks like

The answer to this would be a resounding YES, but we had burned up so much
shop time on my swap, by the time we got to that stuff, that we just said
'enuff already' and left it disconnected.

Mac