Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 18:47:12 -0700
From: "Kevin Kraly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] OT Catheyesque repair of the day
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

No Mercedes content here as it involves my radio-controlled boat.  My
driveshaft coupler set screw hole had worn-out threads which caused it to
keep backing out of the hole losing contact with the shaft.  Luckily, I
noticed it during normal servicing/lubrication, not on the lake!  I decided
to purchase a replacement and be done with it.  The replacement was larger
than the original, no go!  So, I asked myself, "What would Jim Cathey do?"
I wanted to have the boat ready for the water, and ordering the proper
replacement along with the wait time was going to take a while.  I
discovered that the incorrect replacement had set screw holes in both sides,
and the old one didn't!  a couple seconds later, thanks to a 1/8" drill bit,
I had the old one ready to put back in service!  The new hole accepted the
set screw and it threaded in tightly!  It stayed in during a 5 minute test
run around the pool!

Kevin in Hillsboro, OR
1983 300sD 267Kmi, Ursula