> I took some JB Weld and glued the key into the keyway and made the
> hole a bit smalller. It took some fitting with a file and some
> sandpaper but now everything fits tightly again. I was concerned about
> strength but I mowed the lawn and everything was fine.  It's not
> ShoeGoo but not bad...

JB Weld was my favorite glue, and still is the glue of choice
for many applications, but I find that more of what I tackle
that's broken is amenable to Shoe Goo instead.  It comes down
to 'grip' and flexibility.  Shoe Goo wins for those, but it's
nowhere near as strong as JB Weld, either.

Of course, molten metal (weld weld) is my favorite 'glue'!

-- Jim