R A Bennell wrote:
> Yeah, I suppose so, but I better not have car trouble at night and try to get
> help at someone's home either. They
> might have to protect themselves or their country if I knock on the door,
> right?

You come up with the most wild fantasies and present them as logic...
Your mounties seem just as likely to shoot somebody for no good reason as our
cops are, yet I haven't seen you advocating for mountie disarmament, or pissing
your pants because there are armed mounties running around.

Standard USA statistics: When a peon shoots somebody with defensive intent, 98%
of the time they needed shooting, according to the police. When the police
shoot
somebody, 89% of the time they needed shooting, again according to the police,
who in cases of police shootings have an extreme pro-shooter bias.

Example: a military policeman (out of uniform) is a passenger in a motorcar.
San Diego cop stops the car and holds the occupants at gunpoint. He yells
"get up" at the MP, who is on the ground. MP begins to rise, so the cop shoots
him dead. This murder was ruled justifiable, when I believe it should have
been added to the 11% in which the cops had no business playing with dangerous
weapons in public.