Wear will be heavily on the middle. PSI depends more on the tire than
saying 40psi is to high for on the road. I run mine at 45psi because
they are mushrooms. Next time I will get a smaller sidewall.
Hydroplaning, I would think there would be less chance of it as the
contact patch would be smaller making less of a surface to hydroplane on.

-Rolf