I've got almost all that already. There is a very nice spring compressor that
you can buy which looks really handy.

Yes, the 722.4 and .3 are very similar. They are covered in the same ASTG
rebuild manual that I bought...
http://www.atsg.biz/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?search=action&category=EIMP&keywords=all&pricecode=&passsubnum=

So, you obviously rebuilt a 722.4 - did you have any trans rebuilding
experience before you did it? Did you use a manual to guide you through? If so,
which one?

It's amazing that the clutch disks last as long as they do. Now that I have a
bit of a clue how the automatic trans works, I've changed my view on them a
bit. They don't really "break at 200,000 miles" the wear pieces just wear out.
Of course, the hard parts can break, but that is not usually the case, it seems.

'85 300SD 241K mi/'92 Dodge B-350 Ram Wagon/'75 240D/'80 300SD/'83 240D/'84
300Dt/'85 300Dt Cali (parting out)/'87 190E 2.3 (parting out)