Dividends are the worst, isn't that supposed to be the money a company thats
solvent pays out?
If you're insolvent, no dividend, makes sense to me...

-Curt

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:23:44 -0500
From: Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT banned lite, Better not get hurt in war
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

I love the argument that these bonuses were promised "by contract" --
what about the fact that the company had to be rescued by the US
government?  I, personally, would have reduced all salaries at all
institutions taking the money, either directly or as payment of
contracts, to US GS rates as a condition of bailing them out.  No
profits to anyone, no bonuses, not dividends, nothing until all
moneys repaid at interest, either.

Peter