On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:51 -0700, "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I *think* the whole thing boils down to car execs being basically
> "average Americans" and not understanding why some of us don't want
> diesels. I'm sure they could sell us diesels if they decided it was worth
> doing. It seems like just about every F250-F350 is a diesel now, I see
> them all over the place...

I'm not sure that's really helping matters for people who'd like to see
passenger car diesels.  Those trucks sound like a Freightliner semi tractor off
the line at a stoplight, complete with belching black clouds.  So that only
reinforces the image of diesels as noisy, smoky, and slow.

Allan
--
1983 300D