Dieselers,

I have been putting B100 in my car at 5 gallon intervals topped of with
#2 Diesel as a tonic for my car. I understand that it acts as a solvent
and cleans out the whole fuel system.  I do notice that when I get the
B100 (before I fill up with #2) and I drive around with just the B100
that my car (90 300D 2.5) puts out dramatically less smoke (i.e.
basically none or very little at wide open throttle). I do thing it
seems to run quieter.

I feel better about using this alternative fuel and doing my part to
reduce our fossil fuel consumption (if it actually does reduce it).

Here's my question:

At any rate, I know that biodiesel is simply soy oil that has been
"transestrified"  (I am sure that is not the exact term or its
spelling).  What has to be done to plain old soy oil to use it in my
car?  Can I just buy it at CostCo/Sam's and dump it into my tank and the
rate of about 1 part oil to two parts #2 diesel.  Do I have to do
anything else?  B100 has had the water removed, correct?  Do I have to
do that with food grade soy oil?

Donald H. Snook

McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.

300 West Douglas

P.O. Box 207

Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207

Tel. (316) 263-5851

This confidential message may be subject to the attorney-client
privilege or protected by the attorney work-product doctrine. If you
have recieved this message in error, please delete it and notify me.