food grade soy oil should not have water in it.
blending fresh oil and diesel is something that I
doubt is much recommended, but there have been people
doing it for years. I've done it for a few months with
the AKP-Wagen (and alot of other stuff)- Luther has
used up to 70% VO and 30%D2 and has done it for longer
than I.

THere are probably some risks, but as long as the temp
is high enough and the mixture low enough to keep the
viscosity right, I don't see a problem.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Obviously the engine
was designed for D2, D1 or D2/kero mix...so whenever
you do something other than that, there may be some
risk.

I've only put VO in the AKP-Wagen, not my nice SD nor
the TD...still not comfortable without many more miles
under my belt.

Now with a kit (heats the oil, purges the lines, etc),
no problem.

Chris

--- Donald Snook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dieselers,
>

> I have been putting B100 in my car at 5 gallon
> intervals topped of with
> #2 Diesel as a tonic for my car. I understand that
> it acts as a solvent
> and cleans out the whole fuel system.  I do notice
> that when I get the
> B100 (before I fill up with #2) and I drive around
> with just the B100
> that my car (90 300D 2.5) puts out dramatically less
> smoke (i.e.
> basically none or very little at wide open
> throttle). I do thing it
> seems to run quieter.
>

> I feel better about using this alternative fuel and
> doing my part to
> reduce our fossil fuel consumption (if it actually
> does reduce it).
>

> Here's my question:
>

> At any rate, I know that biodiesel is simply soy oil
> that has been
> "transestrified"  (I am sure that is not the exact
> term or its
> spelling).  What has to be done to plain old soy oil
> to use it in my
> car?  Can I just buy it at CostCo/Sam's and dump it
> into my tank and the
> rate of about 1 part oil to two parts #2 diesel.  Do
> I have to do
> anything else?  B100 has had the water removed,
> correct?  Do I have to
> do that with food grade soy oil?
>

> Donald H. Snook
>
> McDonald, Tinker, Skaer, Quinn & Herrington, P.A.
>
> 300 West Douglas
>
> P.O. Box 207
>
> Wichita, Kansas 67201 0207
>
> Tel. (316) 263-5851
>
> This confidential message may be subject to the
> attorney-client
> privilege or protected by the attorney work-product
> doctrine. If you
> have recieved this message in error, please delete
> it and notify me.

Christopher McCann, Squier Park, Kansas City, Missouri
-1987 300TD, 150K miles, "Rotkäppchen" (Little Red Riding Hood)
-1985 300SD, 209K miles, "Wulf"
(http://www.pictureblogger.com/My-1985-Mercedes-Benz-300SD)
-1976 240D, ManyK miles,  "AKP-Wagen" (Alternativen Kraftstoffs Prüfenlastwagen
= Alternative Fuel Test Vehicle) running
WVO/WMO/LO/CO/WATF/WGL/WBF/DA/MS/lard/gas/kero/D2 mix (do not attempt this
unless you are willing to sacrifice your IP, injectors, pre-chambers, etc.)
-1971 Case 222 Hydrive, 12HP Kohler, 38" deck, snow blower, "One Banger"

http://mail.yahoo.com