science diet is just old roy reskinned for the completely idiotic

i prefer the plain old innova big dog formula.  i don't buy the grain free
more modern innova formulation as i think dogs do well with some cereals and
fruits/vegetables. if i can't get innova as there are only two dealers
around here and neither are really near me nor keep great hours the dick van
patton stuff is available at the shit vendors like petco.  merrick has good
stuff as well as solid gold.  i bought a bag of wellness the other night
based on the ingredients but haven't fed it to them yet.

the bottom line is that it isn't mysterious or rocket science.  if it has
corn in any form in it, don't buy it.  if it has any sort of meat by
products (road kill.  dead cats.  etc), don't buy it.  it should be
primarily made of meat and fish.  it just makes basic sense.

not surprisingly, you cannot buy any dog food at the supermarket, discounter
of nearly any vet's office that makes sense to feed your dog. you can only
buy the lowest quality crap at those places and you can see this when you
read the ingredients.

and what people will try to convince you is that if you try to buy food that
makes sense, you are some sort of mad fanatic.  if you try to buy beef that
is grass fed instead of fed chicken shit and corn, you are a nutter.  and
you are a nut if you want to buy vegetables grown as they had been grown for
thousands of years before the advent of modern agribusiness.

my heartfelt advice is don't be a fool at all times in all things.  think
this stuff through a little for yourself and then do what you think is
right.