From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Curt Raymond
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:20 AM
To: Diesel List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Changing 300TD air cells (accumulator spheres) - anyone
BTDT?

I think in the end it boils down to value for money... How cheap are the
used spheres?
Remember these are a wear item, like windshield wipers (well maybe not that
bad).
New spheres are $127 apiece from Rusty. So for $250 you'll be set for
YEARS...
How much do you value your time, or alternately how much does your mechanic
charge for installation? Figure the used parts will last at best HALF what
new ones will so if you take the price of the used spheres TWICE plus
installation TWICE, plus not having the car TWICE plus your wife ragging on
you for having an old car that always needs fixing does that balance the
price differential?

-Curt