From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com
[mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of andrew strasfogel
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:23 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Changing 300TD air cells (accumulator spheres) -
anyoneBTDT?

I am not yet convinced without further inspection that faulty sphere()s
is(are) the root cause of my jarring (as opposed to bouncy) ride.
Don't forget that one of the two spheres I installed 18 months ago was
new @$140; the other was used.  I will remove and inspect both spheres,
but if the "new" one looks good inside (compared to the other one) I
won't replace it.  Since the labor on R/R the accumulators appears to be
easy/cheap/DIY I don't see the problem of experimenting.

I will also, of course, check for leaks in the SLS and for correct
operation of the rear SLS valve.

Thanks for your concerns and suggestions.

Andrew
1983 300TD and 1985 semi-300TD