I changed both rears on the wagon with used and new (one of them twice as the one I got at the junkyard was bad too), got a new one from Rusty and it was not that much. I got pretty good at doing them, the only fiddly bit I recall was getting the bolts back in at the top of the diff mount, and the clips in the diff that hold the axles in (I think that is right). It's really not a bad job, just get the back end up high enough to work under there.

--R