From: mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com]
On Behalf Of Peter Frederick
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 7:09 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 124 AC woe

You need some warm water to force the freon in -- partially immerse
the can, it will boil and the gas will then go into the system.

You have a frozen evaporator from low freon, that's why the pressure
is so low on the low side (expansion valve is completely closed).
You may also have water freezing out at the expansion valve, blocking
it.

More to the point, you need to find and fix the leak -- if the freon
is slowly leaking out, air and water are leaking in.  Heat, water,
oxygen, and R134a make hydrofluoric acid, which will very rapidly eat
the compressor.

Peter