years ago I worked on starting a wrecked car for a used car dealer. Once I
replaced the battery noticed engine had no compression and called the
customer (used car dealer) and told him. He said "Listen the car had to been
running when it was totaled thus the engine is good, so poor a little oil
down the carburator as you crank it." Sure enough pooring oil down the
carburator started the car and ran perfect.  What happens is the rings get
stuck in piston and will not build compression and the oil provides just
enough sealing to force rings out. Since then I have used this trick many
times, especially on hot washed rotary engines.

I once had an old mercedes (OM617) that "was running when parked 4 years
ago," however I could not get it running. Finally I connected 24V to the
starter and got it spinning fast enough to run and aftwards it started
everytime like normal.

Trampas