Anybody have experience with the slk? Title is not an issue to me. Gump was never going to be perfect, so I am ok with a car with minor issues.

An SLK with a roof that doesn't go down might not be a minor issue.
The cars are very small, you'll sure notice that vs Gumpy.  Very
little storage space, most especially with the lid down, it's no
SL.  My wife knows somebody with one, she says they like it.

I don't know if we could ever have one, my wife's been driving
around with three saxophones in the trunk lately.  The SL will
do it, because of the rear 'seat', but just barely.  They're the
only 2-seaters I know of that have any semblance of storage.

-- Jim