Et voila!  A "washed" title.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "LWB250" <lwb...@yahoo.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] take it, walk away, or run

Alabama is another state that does this. I used a title service when I bought my 1962 300SE because it would have cost me several thousand dollars to clear the title in California. The PO and their estate had not registered the car for some years, and California insists that you pay all the back registration fees and penalties to release the title.

I got a bill of sale from the estate attorney and sent it off to Alabama with a check for $150 or thereabouts.

Two days later I had a clear title in my hands.

Dan