Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Concealed Carry, was Global warming

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
The total article can be found at:
http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=126

You may be tempted to dismiss the info as being from the NRA, but I assure you the facts are correct - if the NRA were caught offering incorrect info
such as this, the media (never a fan of the NRA) would crucify them and
never let the story die.  They are meticulous in their facts.

I'm sure the facts they choose to report are accurate, but I'm also sure
they were very selective in choosing which ones to present.  The fact
that states with right-to-carry laws have a lower crime rate is not
surprising, because those tend to be predominantly rural states.  What I
want to know is has the crime rate in those states decreased *more or
less quickly* than the crime rate in other states.  (Just showing a
decrease isn't enough, because crime rates have fallen everywhere,
including states with strict gun control laws.)

I suspect if those statistics had supported their position, they would
have included them, so their absence makes me suspicious.