I put one of Rusty's ATs in last summer (by local shop) and must concur - they are awesome with great prices.

I may have mentioned this, but my local MB Dealer was willing to install a outside vendor's rebuilt AT just like the local Indy did (but the dealer wanted $1250 Vs $650).

When I was talking to Rusty about the AT he said he'd sold thousands over the last ~20 years and had only 3 problems!! That's incredible! 2 of the problems were the fault of the installer and the other was something external that could be easily repaired. All 3 problems were minor BTW.

When I asked the rebuilder what kind of ATF to use he said Dexron III. I was hoping to use M1 ATF but went with the rebuilder recommendation. They also say to use 24K ATF change intervals Vs 30K that MB says to use.

Have a good weekend -
LarryT
91 300D