On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:29:39 -0500 L.Mark Finch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Decided to plug in the block heater on my car (an '82 300D) tonight,
> which I had never done before. Strung the extension cord out to the
> car, plugged the block heater in, and was treated to a small, colorful
> electric fire emanating from the vicinity of the radiator. I can hardly
> wait until morning to see just exactly where the problem was, but even
> without seeing it I'm sure I'll be replacing some wiring....

Sounds like you need to replace the cord that plugs in the block
heater and which you plugged into your extension cord. Call Rusty at
(800) 741-5252 and he will get one speeding on its way to you.

Other than the cord, which then connects to the block heater, there should
be nothing else that connects to 120 VAC in your car.

Craig