Any Flush or Citric Acid Cleaning needs the Special tool.
Not needed for draining but it does help.

On 11/26/2012 11:59, Alex Chamberlain wrote:
On 11/25/2012 20:44, Alex Chamberlain wrote:
On Nov 24, 2012 11:03 PM, "Jim Cathey" <j...@windwireless.net> wrote:>My
method is to pour the coolant
into the tank, pull off the upper radiator hose and
backfill water into the system until it's pouring out
over my hand which is holding the bottom of the hose
against the bottom of the radiator neck, but leaving
a crack at the top into which to pour water.  Then I
jam the hose on and tighten it up.

That gets rid of all the air, but what spills out is
all water since the coolant hasn't really mixed yet.

Where does the special tool, aka thermostat modified with shell casing,
come into it?

"Russ Williams" <rawil...@eatel.net> wrote:
When doing a citric acid treatment.

I was thinking you'd need the special tool to ensure that you are
draining/flushing the entire system, not just a part of it, any time you
change coolant.  Am I confused?

Alex

-----
No virus found in this message.