From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Kaleb C.
Striplin
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:17 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT GUN definition and They took their ball and when home

More on this, I think the average low information person thinks assault
riffles are machine guns. I heard one of them on the radio talking about
these guns shooting 100 rounds a minute. Bzzt wrong

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2013, at 10:08 PM, Hendrik and fay <heni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK fair enough, you may replace 'assault rifle' with 'somewhat high
powered, semi automatic, self loading, large magazine capacity, similar to
military type, not particularly accurate at longer distance, popular with
preppers, type of rifle'

> Hendrik
> who is about to go out in the heat, according to gauge it's 45C on the
roof but am not going there

> On 17/01/13 14:14, G Mann wrote:
>> I respectfully submit, it is impossible for a rifle to "assault". An
>> individual can "assault", however, a device can not. The use of the term
>> "assault rifle" is intended to assault your senses and is thus, by legal
>> interpretation, an assault.
>>
>> Many laws, in many countries, all are written to hold an individual
>> responsible for the act of assault. I have yet to find even one case, in
>> one court, where a device , ie a rifle, has met the legal standard of
Mens
>> Rea. Mens Rea [see Blacks Law Dictionary] requires two things, the
Intent,