Craig wrote:

And the real problem is that the driveshaft is not the only part affected
by a shredded flex disk. When the flex disk fails at highway speed, the
driveshaft will whip around and take out who-knows-how-much stuff,
including sheet metal.

Yep, that's why I said it was the last part on the car I'd buy URO.
There are hundreds of parts which can leave you coasting to a stop, but all you have to do is replace them to fix the car afterwards.

There are very few parts that can total a car, and flex discs are on that list.

BTW, good to hear your surgery was a success.

Mitch.