Interesting threads. I like how the APA/URO rep tries to defend himself, albeit
unsuccessfully.

Again, this comes back to a very dated post I made regarding window seals. I
referenced a great article by the former owner of the "House of Ghia" who I met
many years ago when I was into VWs and he was aggressively producing
reproduction Ghia parts such as windshield seals. Sadly, Jim passed a few years
ago and his business was sold. The old web site is gone as are many of his very
insightful articles.

The point being is that rubber parts are especially easy to clone cheaply, as
the amount of carbon that can be added displaces far more expensive ingredients
but does little to affect the look and feel of the part. It also significantly
reduces the integrity of the material, meaning that it will deteriorate rapidly
when put into service.

This means you get a cheap part that craps out in a short time.

Just ordered a Lemforder front flex disc for my car. $202 list, $162 my price
for OEM from my dealer. The Lemforder was $116 from Trent (Lemforder is the OE
supplier.) URO part is $79.

That means the URO part is 30% cheaper than the OE part. How can it be that
much less and still be the same quality?

It can't.

Dan