Rick Knoble wrote:
On Jul 10, 2013, at 6:06 AM, "Larry T" <l02tur...@comcast.net> wrote:

I must have missed the post describing the tool..  can you repost it?

And, if you have extra money burning a hole in your pocket...

https://mercedessource.com/store/automatic-transmission-shift-rod-bushing-replacement-tool

$28?
Every pro (and amateur gadget freak) should have one. I'd probably go with Luther's $1 tool at this point.

I'm thinking of an interesting test.
"You're an independent Mercedes mechanic?"
"You've got a lot of experience on W201 and older?"
"What do you use to install shift linkage bushings?"
(I'd be expecting him to reach for his tool box and pull out the tool Rick
linked)

Mitch.