I would agree.  While I am a believer in forgiveness, I draw the line when
someone willfully steals from me.  I never received all of the parts I ordered,
nor did I get a refund.  When I attempted to do so promised were made, not
followed through with, then I was ignored.  One could argue that it wasn't a
lot of money, but that's not the point - it's the principal that is at the core
of this whole situation.  We placed our trust in Trent, he took advantage of
it, and now it's considered that we should this all aside and pick up as if
nothing ever happened?

The premise that we should do this for Rusty is a false one as well.  Think of
the logic:  We place our trust in someone who has stolen from us so that Rusty
can be made whole.  Who is benefitting from this?

Since the credit card companies made good on the money he ran off with makes
him a'ok, right?

Not exactly the formula for ethical business practices.  On other lists I
belong to this behavior gets you banned, and rightly so.

I'm sorry, but I think the whole thing stinks to high heaven and that Trent
should be banned.  His actions were inexcusable.

Just my $0.02.

Dan