On 09/09/2013 2:57 PM, Mitch Haley wrote:
Andrew Strasfogel wrote:
Thanks, Mitch.  I would rather avoid any of those"d'oh" moments.

A good way to have a d'oh is to either plan on using less than the hoist's full extension "d'oh! I held the button too long and put my car through the roof", or to plan it to the inch with your station wagon and then forget when you offer to change the oil on your girlfriend's ML.

Mitch.

My brother in law learned that the hard way.
Brian is a mechanic.
One of the shops he worked in a number of years back did not have enough headroom to fully lift some vehicles.
Brian is 6'3" so he likes it high so he can walk under.
He lifted a Ford van high enough to crush the roof.
He had to personally pay for the repairs.
He only did it once.

Randy