Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 09:37:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: m...@voyager.net
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Jetta oil change

I never subscribed to the 'pre-fill the filter so the oil pressure goes up
three seconds faster' thing.

I haven't seen a transaxle that took GL anything since my 1977 Saab (and
the SAE 70 originally specified for that car was superceded by 5W30).
I assume you looked up the spec, but it still seems odd to me.

Mitch.