On 20/11/2013 1:00 PM, Fmiser wrote:
Curt wrote:

Another interesting part of this ('98 Jetta TDI) car is how long
it takes to get heat. Right now it takes just about twice as long
as my '84 190D. On the TDI boards they put this down to the
efficiency of the engine. I think that a lot of the folks driving
them baby the engines too, I tend to keep the RPMs up like I
would on an MB...
Yeah, unless it's working hard, it doesn't generate a lot of extra
heat.  Running the engine at higher RPM may not help _unless_ it is
also working harder (not just spinning faster)

--       Philip

So, . . . . .  fill the trunk and the back seat with concrete?
Or, maybe set the rear brakes to drag a bit???

Randy