I'll keep that in mind, however I usally buy tools with a long term view in mind. That is to say one day I may own a car that has a system other than K/KE in which case a universal kit comes in handy. Also being able to fix tricky hard to track down problems will save lots of dollars. Not to mention when the old school mechanics retire there will be no-one to fix these old cars. I don't think too many of todays DC apprentices would know anything about K-jetronic, except that it a system used on antique Benz vehicles. Also while I am bashing away at the keyboard, just a word of safety about working on fuel injection systems. All fuel injection systems work under a fair bit of pressure (ie. K-jet works at somewhere between 50-75psi) and the fuel pump is designed to have a flow rate of about 15 litres/minute, so if there is a problem you may have a flame thrower on your hands. To avoid a potentially nasty situation it is recommended to disconnect the battery (although few do) and ground the chassis to get rid of static electricity. OK most won't do that because it is a pain to do, however I do insist that when working on a fuel system that safety glasses are worn. Spilt fuel is cleaned up straight away. A working and suitable fire extinguisher is at hand (not over the other side of the shed behind a whole pile of old bits and pieces because in these situations seconds count), also make sure you know how to use the extinguisher (you don't want to read the instructions as your pride and joy is barbecuing). I have a extinguisher attached to the passenger seat and an extinguisher just inside the door to the shed (also inform your partner of the location of extinguisher and instruct in use of said item without alarming partner). As a backup have the garden hose nearby just in case. Lastly if you do get covered in fuel, change clothes immediatley. I usally just wear a T shirt (and pants) and if some fuel spills it is easy to change or just wipe the arms. I realise most/all of you know this stuff but I doesn't hurt to be reminded as much as first degree burns hurt (which I don't know because I have never been a human torch). Also if anyone has additional safety tips relating to fuel systems, please speak up.

Hendrik
with a good safety record

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fuel pressure test kits for K-jetronic(CIS)

Hendrik Riessen wrote:

Yeah well I am in the market for a test kit.
The cheapest I have found in Oz is about AU$600
http://www.autotools.com.au/catalogue/product.php/10/19/224

That's a big universal kit. For K-jet, you just need something
you can put in the control circuit with a gauge and a shutoff
valve. With the valve open, you read control pressure. With
the valve shut, control pressure rises to match system pressure
and you see what the regulator is set for.