I'm getting intermittent charging on my 2001 Jeep Cherokee.  This behavior
started yesterday.  Today it was fine all day until after I started it up
after eating dinner.  Then it was around the 9 V and the check gauges light
came on.  It worked fine the next two starts, but then I stopped for gas on
the way home and it low again.  Volt meter shows 10.8 V when things aren't
working right.  Beat the alternator with a steel drift and it jumped back
to 13.4 V.  This is the original alternator, over 300000 miles.  Does
anyone know if this era of Bosch alternators has brushes that can be
replaced as easy a Mercedes?  If so, where the brushes could be purchased?
 Are Bosch remans at Mc Parts worth a bit more than double the price?  The
lower cost units are around $127. Bosch is $250-290..