Fmiser wrote:
I agree with you on the driver often getting the short stick, but...

Michigan has odd weight laws. There is _no_ GVW limit!!

Yeah, that was kind of the point of the study -- that Michigan allows some of the heaviest trucks in the nation, and the trucking companies still don't follow the law. Unfortunately, it was several years ago and I don't think I could track it down now.

Yup, it is a per-axle limit. That's why they have those 7-axle trailers.

Anyway, I'd be curious to know a bit more about the study if it was
pointed at MI trucks 'cause their laws are so odd.

I dunno, personally I think the dump trailers in Washington state that have 12 foot long tongues are pretty weird! I assume the weight limits there must be based on length?

The worst situation for visibility is getting behind an empty 7-axle log truck in the rain. (On a log truck, no load means no fenders.)