Was there any year those badges were reversed? The owner says all panels match with serial numbers and that there has been no repainting except the front bumper.

I'm suspicious- why would the numbers be backwards if not repainted?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kaleb C. Striplin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 6:09 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] It's a Gas

The trunk badges are backwards.  Looks nice otherwise.  Its insane what
190D's go for.

John Peterson wrote:

So, don't beat me up too hard. I bought a '91 190E 2.6 gasser this week. It
has 99k.  Everything works on it.

I haven't picked it up yet.  I plan to use it winters while the diesel is
hibernating from the road salt here in RI.

It is a 201 with one owner- all records, original paint. Accident cracked front bumper plastic, which was replaced. Owner showed all body panels and
matching numbers etc.

It has the blue MBtex which I love- and I hear that the 2.6 is a reliable
and powerful motor.  Yes, I know there is little space under the hood and
that the water pumps tend to fail with 120k on them.

Does anyone have a gasser 190? What experiences have you had? I wanted a diesel, but the diesel 190's go for foolish prices and I just can't afford
them.

See photos at http://www.immersionstudio.com/190.asp

Anyways, it is a benz and that means fun driving and pulling it apart.

John Peterson
Kingston RI 1991 300D 2.5 77k

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,
 84 250 LWB, 83 300TD, 81 300TD, 81 240D, 81 240D,
 76 450SEL, 76 240D, 76 300D, 74 240D, 69 250
http://www.striplin.net