Gorgeous day today, 60F+ so I got the boy's 300SD sorted and washed and plated and it is back on the road for mama as the girl took her 300SD. Runs well, a few niggles to deal with.

I was doing some test ride to make sure it was running OK and went up the road to a small shopping center and a Ferrari transporter was pulling into the lot, from central Florida Ferrari. I drove around a bit and came back and they had unloaded a maroon Ferrari, I don't know what model, I guess the newest one. It was gorgeous. The transporter had another inside with the front end smashed and 4 others back in there too. The Ferrari dude looked quite happy, had some of his posse with him. He looked vaguely like Ralph Lipshitz (Lauren) but it wasn' t Ralphie.

I replaced the rear rotors and pads on the Suburban, one set of pads had plum woe out and metal on metal was Not Good. That side was extremely difficult to get the pads and caliper back on --too tight --, and during my drive to bed them in a bit it is very clearly dragging and stinking like crazy and hot. I could spin the wheel but it was hard, so I am thinking it just needs to wear down the pads a bit? I had fully compressed the pistons so not sure what the problem was. The other one went on fine with a bit of clearance, both rotors appear to be the same but I am thinking I should measure them and make sure the one is the proper thickness. Any ideas?

--R