MIGHT BE THE CALIPER NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.

I compressed the pistons on both sides with a C-clamp, one side had quite a bit of clearance when I put the new pads/rotor on, the other one seemed compressed all the way (at least it would not go any further and there was not much of the pistons showing) but was a really tight fit (I had to persuade it a bit).

I have the ABS fuse pulled as the control unit failed with the motor "on" and it was draining the battery. I tried to get at the controller as it appears a resoldering will fix it, but the thing is just about inaccessible, right about a frame rail under the body floor under driver seat. Hoses look OK but I was thinking I should probably change those too. I have to do another 100k service now at 200k miles, so brake fluid change is on that list.

---R