Since we are re-trying this case in the High Court of Public Opinion...
Please show cause for BLM to cancel the long standing lease with Mr. Bundy.

Further, show cause for the use of armed violence against his children and
cruel treatment of the animals grazing on the land, which is Open Range,
Cows can't read and don't care about "land ownership" [there is ample
historical evidence of this]. They simply follow food.

While your claim that the land is "public land" has standing, if you have
ever eaten western ranch beef, which is very likely, said beef was raised
eating grass from "BLM public land" which kept the cost per pound of
production of that beef low enough for you to afford to eat beef.  Thus, by
tacit approval by eating beef, you contribute to the root premise that "use
of public lands to graze beef" is valid and highest use of said lands, and
not "theft". That principle is further supported by published BLM policy
and the continuation of thousands of leases. Question must be raised to why
this Mr. Bundy was selected to have his long standing lease canceled. Was
good cause shown by BLM? If the lease was valid, was the cancellation
valid?

Consider this premise. You have a cow. You neighbor has grass on his land
and no fence. Your cow goes to eat said grass. You send your sons to go
recover the cow. The neighbor [federal agents in this instance] shoot your
son with a taser and tie him up. The neighbor then hires armed men to keep
you or your family from recovering the cow. Your neighbor then drives the
cow, with her newborn calf, in high heat, without water, with a helicopter,
until said cow dies from exhaustion.  Make that not one cow, but many cows,
which you rely upon for your income, your families income and well being.

Getting comfortable yet? Make you love your government yet?  Is this
neighbor acting in "good faith"?
If it were your children being shot and abused and bound and your business
assets being driven to death by exhaustion, what would be your response?
Would you object? If so, how?

I wager freely the true dollar cost of 20 years lease of this piece of BLM
land is many times less than one trip to Spain or Africa by the first lady
and her entourage.  Or any of the other many vacations and outings... by
comparative.. is this use of "public property and funds" also theft?  Where
is the standard of judgement drawn?

Respectfully,
Grant..