Thanks Peter -
That video Hendrik provided gives a pretty good idea of the work involved! If i can just find a way work as fast as that guy in the video it won't be bad! ;-) Like Hendrik i have also been gathering the PDFs & putting them into a notebook. I am also printing some of the photos which show me exactly what to look for as i remove the bits & pieces. I still have not found a pdf telling how to R&R the glove box so hopefully it'll be intuitive.

OK - when the instrument cluster is removed the WSM states the speedo cable must be disconnected at the tranny. I have never disconnected one on a W124 but I keep thinking it may be a CYA exercise but then again, if I must disconnect it I need to be ready and get it over with. Has anyone left it connected without any problem?

Also, Wilton's write up is very well done but it is for an '87 W124. Does anyone know how much difference there is between an 87 and a 91? Can I assume the differences between the 87 and 91 evap R&R are mostly cosmetic?

This weekend I will order the parts and plan, plan, plan - as wilton said - it's the best way. Back when I worked, I was a planner for construction projects like nuclear power stations and refineries so this kind of complex project is just the thing to get me going again! :-)

Thanks again for all the help from all who replied.  ;-)

Sincerely,
Larry T
91 300D 2.5