 From: LarryT <l02tur...@comcast.net>
To: Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com>; Mercedes Discussion List
<mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Newer Mercedes Diesel

Is the VW Taureg held in the same low esteem as the rest of the VWs?

Larry

On 7/26/2014 7:57 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:

The Audi diesels are VW TDIs. Many of the parts on my Jetta have both the VW
badge and the Audi linked rings.

>-Curt
>

>________________________________

              problems than
>VW problems although VW's are made to be utility vehicles
              - some look
>better than others so they can sell as family cars but
              they are still
>"economical" cars (read cheap) and they have always been.
              when I was
>working at the dealership we had a  list of parts that
              could be expected
>to fail at xx miles - muffler was good for 20K, starters
              could go 60K
>and so on - I am going from memory so my numbers may be
              off.  point is,
>it's not a high end car as someone else pointed out.  and
              it won't last
>like a MB - or like a MB should last.  If they built them
              like MBs they
>would cost as much as MBs.
>
>OK - 2 questions:
>
>  *    does anyone have any experience with Audi diesels?
              or I should
>    ask were there any audi diesels made in the 2000-2010
              time frame
>    that had good reputations?
>

>  * and has MBs quality problems from the late 90s to
              early 00s?

>Thanks ya'll - this is very helpful ....
>Larryt
>
>On 7/26/2014 2:07 PM, clay wrote:
>> I was in the market for the passat TDI wagon a few
              years back, but
>> decided to check with my cousin, since he sold them.
              That was the
>> swiftest scratch off the list conversation.  Ended up
              holding onto the
>> E300D, and SWBMA purchased some korean sedan loaded
              with bells and
>> whistles.  She is now dumping that for a toy oda.
>>

>> clay
>>
>> 2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored
              chap
>> 1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
>> 1972 220D - Gump - She was green, simple and ran
>> 1995 E300D - Gave her life to save me against a Dame
              in a SUV

              wrote:

>>> I agree - begore reading the comments on this
              list I would have had a
>>> VW diesel near the top of my list.
>>>
>>> Sounds like I am back to MB -- if I can find one
              I can afford...

>>> Its a shame  -- I also was a fan of Passats an
              Jettas - would have

              wrote:
> [...]
              was looking for a car
              both Jettas and Passats.