> Curt wrote:
>
> VCDS (the VW checking software) says its the shutoff solenoid,

> The shutoff solenoid lives on the top of the IP and does what it
> says it does. Mine reads direct to ground with the wire removed,
> I'm going to say thats a bad one.

I really like the way the Cummins 14L BigCam engines do it.  Power
to the solenoid allows fuel to flow - but there is a thumbscrew on
the end that can be turned which hold the fuel valve open even with
no power.

On my 123s, I have a few times disconnected the vacuum line so the
engine won't shut off.

I'm trying to figure out a way to accomplish that with my 6.2L
Detroit...